Welcome to book club! Get your drinks, snacks, and any notes you have, and gather around for the discussion on the first half of Doctor No! (If you're here and you're not sure where to find the book, check the resources post in the sidebar on the right!)
Book club is designed to be a place where you can go beyond the Bond movies and delve into another medium with our favorite secret agent. We have questions to help get things started, but there are no set discussions. If you have anything interesting that you want to discuss about your reading experience, comments on the text, or how reading the book might have changed your view on the characters in the movies, then do share!
Questions to get us started: feel free to answer any or all of these as you like, and to pose your own!
- What did you think of M and his interactions with Bond?
- How do you feel about Honeychile?
- Bond depends quite a lot on Quarrel. What do you think of their partnership?
- Fleming tends to give us a good look at the villain by now, but we still haven't seen Doctor No! Are you enjoying the suspense?
- If you haven't finished the book yet, what do you think will happen in the second half?
And I know that there are always little things in the books that I appreciate that don't fall into the broad categories above, so feel free to share any memorable moments! :D
Remember: this is a no-spoiler zone! Please only discuss chapters 1-11; we'll talk about the whole book at the next book club in two weeks.