This month our rec theme is fan-arts and fan-edits. This month we want to see your favourite fan art and edits within the fandom! Send in your submissions using our rec form here!
MI6 Café Book Club and Film Club!
Our next book club will be for Thunderball which will be held on 14th and 26th May.
Potential trigger warnings for this book include:
- Canon violence and gore (including attack by sharks)
- Implied rape
- alcohol/drugs/smoking referred to
This month’s challenge is Share the Love Challenge.
Everyone loves fandom, and everyone loves participating in fandom! Whether you’re a writer, artist, creator, reader, we all have a reason why fandom is awesome! So share the love, share some wonderful experiences that fandom has given you, and share why you love being part of this fandom!
As part of our Share the Love challenge, participate in Gift Day (Held between 22-29 May): "Make something--anything! it could be a drabble or a sketch or a rec or a thank-you note--for someone in the fandom who has made a positive impact on you, whether they're a fanworks creator, a beta, a cheerleader, or even someone who RP'd with you once after you had a really bad day."
Don’t forget to tag your challenge responses with #mi6cafechallenge!
This Month’s Questions
Don’t forget that these questions are also released on tumblr as our Weekly Questions! That means twice the discussion! Feel free to use these questions as conversation starters and get to know your fellow Bond Fans!
1. Fanwork creators: How do you expand and elaborate on a character while still keeping them within the framework of the film? What’s that process like for you?
2. As a fan, what made you start shipping 00Q? If you’ve been shipping it for a while, what about it has caught your attention and given this fandom longevity for you?
3. How does Mi6 celebrate birthdays? Is it the requisite office cake? Do the 00 division pull pranks? Does Q branch allow the birthday person to play with some higher grade explosives?
4. What kinds of music do Bond and Q enjoy?